DELTA CHILDREN’S PRODUCTS PLAY YARD REVIEW
Delta has a reputation for making children’s furniture that is safe and affordable while still being stylish. In the 1980s their patented ‘no tools and no screws ‘crib design revolutionized the baby furniture industry. For several decades new parents and experienced parents both have chosen Delta strollers, cribs, high chairs, and the company’s other children’s furniture because they are safe, high quality, long lasting, and budget-friendly.
Delta’s Play Yard is recommended for children 30 pounds and under who cannot climb out. The play yard folds flat and comes with a bag that makes it easier to store and for traveling. A plush mattress is included. It makes and excellent travel play and sleeping area for children 35-inches and shorter. Assembled, it is 3-feet by 3-feet and weighs just under 29 pounds.
The cheerful animal decorations on the sides do not detract from a parent’s ability to see into the play yard or keep an eye on the child inside. The frame is covered in a soft material and there are no hard edges to hurt baby. It is all one piece that pops up and out into a crib. This one piece design makes it safe for babies and small children as they cannot get stuck in or squeeze through any sides.
Pros of Play Yard
It has a star-rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars on Amazon.com
- Comes with a carrying case
- Even though it is portable, it pop up into a full-size play yard
- Parents and caregivers have a completely unobstructed view and children can see out
- Plenty of room for children to move about
- Gender neutral design
- Easy assembly
- Spacious enough to accommodate larger play toys
- Easy to clean
- Mesh sides are tear-resistant
- Surpasses or meets all Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association and American Society for Testing and Materials safety regulations.
- Babies can grab hold of the top edge of the play yard as they get taller and learn to pull themselves up without fear of the play yard toppling over
Cons of Play Yard
Reviewers of the Delta Play Yard had very few negative things to say about it:
- At almost 29 pounds, some users found it to be a bit heavy for a travel play yard
- One user reported the play yard stopped locking on one side
- Some users report the included mattress could be thicker, that by pressing on it one can feel the play yard bars
- Some users noted it would be easier to transport if the carrying bag had wheels
Overall, it seems parents and caregivers who purchased the Delta play yard report being very happy with their play yard. It provides exactly what it states: a spacious, stylish, secure play area. People who bought this are especially impressed at the size of the play yard as most portable play yards are significantly smaller than this one. The play yard is gender neutral and the mesh sides provide parents a 360 degree view of their child. Children can also see out of the play yard so they do not feel isolated or separated from what is going on around them. Parents and caregivers report that children are happy playing and napping in the play yard. Many reviewers stated their children seemed to be much more content in this larger play yard than they were in smaller play yards.
Users report very few drawbacks to the Delta play yard, with the few negative reviews online stating that the play yard is heavy. At 28.6 pounds it is heavier than most portable play yards. Parents can find it difficult to load up the play yard while also trying to manage their baby.
Cost, Warranty, and Other Information
Portable play yards can range in price from about $65 to more than $200. Despite its clever design and safety features, the Delta play yard is at the low end of the price range, making it affordable for most budgets.
At Walmart, the Delta play yard is selling for $73 compared to one of the Graco Pack N’ Play, which a smaller portable crib that sells on Walmart.com for $77.
Walmart.com seemed to have the best online price for the play yard. On Amazon.com it is $86.82 as of this review.
It does not seem that there is a warranty available through Delta, if there is, it is hard to find. Delta does provide a product registration. Through the registration, they will contact users of their products if there is a recall. They do not sell or rent out their customer information to third-party marketing companies.