The Dream on Me full size play yard is designed for children who cannot climb out, who are no more than 35-inches tall and 25 pounds and under. It comes in several design colors including green gingham, red and blue, bright multicolor, and pink. This is a full size play yard that only takes a few minutes to put up; once parents and caregivers are familiar with the play yard, it can take less than a minute to set up. It is mesh on the two long sides and includes a soft pocket for handy storage. It has casters to help move it around and it folds up for storage. It comes with a travel bag that has a handle. When it is open, it is 31-inches wide by 43-inches long and 30-inches tall. It weighs 19 pounds and can be cleaned with regular household soap or detergent and left to drip dry. Click here to get more ideas about best baby’s playpen.
About Dream On Me
Dream On Me is a family owned company that has been around since the 1980s. They manufacture quality products for babies. They are well known for their popular diaper bag gift sets, novelty gift sets, strollers, and baby accessories. They are also well known for creating quality baby items that are very affordable.
Pros of Dream On Me Play Yard
4 out of 5 stars on Amazon.com with over 100 reviews
- Very Sturdy. Some users report older toddlers climbing into the play yard to keep baby company and the play yard did not seem to be straining under the extra weight.
- Great for naps and playtime
- Easy set up and take down
- The extra length is good for older babies and toddlers who like more room to roam
- Well built
- Easy to see through mesh sides
- Simple color schemes that go with most décor
- Works great as a portable bed when traveling
- Handy side pocket for storage needs
- Low price makes it a good choice as a second play yard that can be kept at the grandparents’ house
- Despite the extra length it is the same weight as most smaller play yards
- Padding around the top is secured well to the frame and will not come loose or get in baby’s face
- The padded bottom is soft enough for a nap
- Straightforward no frills play yard that does not come with unnecessary accessories
- Easy to clean
- Very secure and the mat adheres to the bottom with Velcro so it cannot move around
- The two solid sides block light and activity outside the play yard. This allows baby to sleep undisturbed or play independently without being distracted
Cons of Dream On Me Play Yard
This is a well-reviewed product with few negative reviews.
- Non-standard mattress pad size makes it very difficult to find fitted sheets
- Strong plastic smell when the product is first opened and assembled
- Some packing material clings to play yard so play yard has to be washed thoroughly before first use
- Some users found it difficult to set up the first time
- Some users struggled with the locking mechanism which is very secure
- Two users reported being dissatisfied with Dream On Me customer service
Parents and caregivers who purchase the Dream On Me full size value play yard seem to be very happy with it. It is a straightforward, no frills full size play yard. It does not come with accessories like a changing table or bassinet but it is a good choice if all you are looking for is a place for baby to play and possibly take a nap. It collapses down for easy portability and storage. It has two caster wheels so parents felt it was easy to move it from room to room or take it outside on a deck or patio. Parents who use this play yard seem to really like that it only has mesh on two sides as they are able to see the baby but can position a solid side so that it blocks the baby’s view out of the play yard. Doing this allows baby to nap and play peacefully.
Some parents struggled with the locking mechanism but felt it meant the play yard would not collapse and that baby would not be able to undo one of the sides.
The Dream On Me play yard is at the lower end of the price range for play yards. It is available on Amazon.com for $102. But on Walmart.com, the same play yard is selling for $49 although it does not seem that Walmart.com has all the color styles available.
Go to http://kidshealth.org/parent/firstaid_safe/home/products_playpens.html to learn more about buying baby playpen guidelines.